How to Shorten Your Google+ URL

Those of you on Google+ will see that your URL contains a large group of numbers.  Mine looks like this: https://plus.google.com/110001470658860658081/posts.  I wanted to add my Google+ link to the Contact Information section on my Facebook profile, however, I did not want to add a long link.

I just happened to be reading a post on one of my favorite blogs, Mike’s Life and I noticed at the end of his post he entered a shortened URL inviting his readers to connect with him on Google+.  I was intrigued and found this great tool gplus.to! Thank you Mike!

It is so easy to do, just follow the steps above and very easily you will have a shortened URL that will direct to your Google+ profile!

Now instead of that long URL I can use gplus.to/lisaladrido anywhere!

Let me know how you like it! If you aren’t on Google+ yet,  just add your email and I can send you an invite!

27 comments for “How to Shorten Your Google+ URL

1. mrsmomx6
    July 18, 2011 at 4:48 PM

Thanks punkin. Now I just gotta figure out the dumb +1 button.
    Luving ya as always
    Sharon

July 18, 2011 at 5:07 PM

Hi Sharon! I know if I want to add the button somewhere near my header I have to go to my edit html section and place the code in there. I don't like messing with my code! The code for the G+1 is also on this side widget but for some reason it isn't showing up either.

3. Multi-Testing Mommy
    July 18, 2011 at 7:14 PM

Thanks so much for this – I was wondering when I would learn how to do this!

July 18, 2011 at 8:05 PM

Hi Multi-Testing Mommy! I am glad you were able to find me! Thanks for stopping in!

5. Not Your Ordinary Agent
    July 19, 2011 at 1:09 AM

I'm just so impressed!! You really know your stuff! http://homesandbabies.blogspot.com

6. Luana
    July 19, 2011 at 2:20 AM

I can't wait to try out google+ I keep reading other posts about how great it is!

7. Small Kucing
    July 19, 2011 at 4:57 AM

Lisa, Thanks. I just sign up Google plus ytdy. Thanks for this tip

kathy

8. Becky Jane
    July 19, 2011 at 2:57 PM

Thanks for sharing this information…I've got my shortened url!

9. Rachel Joy
    July 19, 2011 at 7:04 PM

Great tip! You have completely enlightened me on the Google+. by the way I've awarded you with the Blog On Fire Award! You can check it out here: http://www.coolbeanmommas.com/2011/07/help-im-on-fire.html

10. mona.jane
    July 20, 2011 at 8:48 AM

Thank , even I still do not have the Google + account I will know how to do it , after I make one – these days maybe I am one of the small group , who still does not have…
    Moving Company

11. Anonymous
    July 20, 2011 at 1:26 PM

This is great, it is just like facebook's shortened link. I was wondering how to do it. Well, thank you for your help.

London cleaner

12. Moving thoughts
    July 22, 2011 at 10:41 AM

Rally easy-to-follow tip even for newbies like me Thank you.

M.T.

July 23, 2011 at 6:21 PM

@Not Your Ordinary Agent You are always so kind! I don't know why this stuff interests me so much!

@Luana Glad you are on G+!

@Small Kucing So glad you were able to get on G+, hope we can connect there.

@Becky Jane You are so welcome. As soon as I learn something I love to share it!

@Rachel Joy Thank you so much for the award. It is so appreciated. xoxo

@mona.jane Thank you!

@London cleaner Thank you for stopping in!

@Moving thoughts Glad it could help. Thank you for visiting!

14. Kimberly
    July 25, 2011 at 2:27 AM

That's a great tip. You've got some great tutorials going on here! Can't wait to continue watching for me. going to follow you on Twitter, GFC, etc…

15. Adrienne
    July 26, 2011 at 1:19 AM

Thanks for sharing!

16. Linette
    July 26, 2011 at 2:17 PM

I tried this, now I need to find places to use my new shortened Google + url before I lose track of it:-) You have some very nice tutorials.

Stopping by to say hi from VoiceBoks:-)

17. Mommy LaDy Club
    July 26, 2011 at 4:16 PM

Thanks Lisa,

I didn't realize that there is a google plus 1 community thingy. I just thought we have the buttons to click on our posts or sites. Sometimes I feel a little overwhelmed with all of these places I need to be…Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, StumbleUpon, LinkedIn, Flickr, VoiceBoks, all of the other Mom networks, Alexa, now Google plus 1, and still be hands on with my business and blog every day. Something's got to give!! Appreciate all of the techie info very much though:)
    Courtney

18. Mrs. No-No
    July 27, 2011 at 2:26 PM

WOW! What great tutorials – – you are all about Google Plus right now!!! :)
    Have a great week!!
    Carla at Mrs. No-No Knows

19. Nikki
    July 28, 2011 at 3:30 AM

I love all your helpful information, especially the pictures with arrows. I'm a very visual persom, so it's always a huge help to me when the tutorials contain a visual aide. Thank you!

July 28, 2011 at 6:12 PM

Kimberly! Thanks for following and your great comment too!

July 28, 2011 at 6:16 PM

@Adrienne You are so welcome! Thank you for visiting!

@Linette I posted my links on my information sections like on Facebook, etc. When I tweet too.

@Courtney I know it gets very overwhelming. As you can see I have run behind on responding to my comments on my blog!

@Carla Glad you liked them. Yes, I am in the learning curve with G+ right now!

@Nikki Me too, I have to see to learn. It makes it so much easier than reading over and over.

22. Heather
    July 28, 2011 at 8:41 PM

Thank you:) I still haven't done the facebook, but starting to catch up on things, haha! I;m at gplus.to/quinnschilling I think!

July 28, 2011 at 8:51 PM

Hi Heather! So glad you were able to get it! I know it can get quite overwhelming! Thanks for visiting.

24. MommyRo
    July 29, 2011 at 12:30 AM

Thanks for posting Lisa! I'll go use the tool right now!
    Hugs!!
    Ro :)

July 29, 2011 at 1:08 AM

Hi Mommy Ro! So glad you were able to get it going! See you on G+!

26. Janie
    July 30, 2011 at 3:33 AM

This is great Lisa! Thanks for the heads up! I'll look for you on there.

Janie via vB

July 30, 2011 at 7:58 PM

Hi Janie! Yes hope to see you there! Thanks for visiting!