|The Golf Gods, Photo Property of Paul Buckley|
“Finding Ti Ming & Tem Po, Legend of the Golf Gods”, by Mark Button is a wonderful book for young or old. According to the author on his blog, “While it’s targeted at children and teens aged 8-17, the book will be enjoyed by anyone who loves golf, regardless of age.”
I have to say when I received the request to review this book I was a little hesitant, as I know nothing about golf! However, as I continued to read the stories, the lessons found on these pages are beneficial for any age or sport.
As the author Mark Button told me, “It is filled with character building values and lessons.” He is so right, the reader will learn about Confidence, Honesty, Respect, Judgement and Perseverance.
The story begins when the Golf Gods find themselves trapped for many years in an attic, until finally a young boy finds them. What happens to them when they are lost again?
You will find yourself on a journey with these two wise, patient and yet lovable wooden statues of the Golf Gods, as they come to life in the dreams of the main characters and touch their lives.
As you read it will seem as if you are walking along side the Golf Gods on the fairway. You will feel the light breeze as it blows in different directions, you are barefoot and the wet grass feels like a soft cushion to your feet. Which club will you choose? If you choose the wrong one and you lose focus, will you know how to react and learn from that decision? Or will you give up and throw your clubs to the ground in a fit of anger?
I encourage you to read this book and then give it to your children. Discuss these valuable lessons with them. My son who runs for his college track team is going to receive this book! I know it will help him Stay in the Present!
Here are some of my favorite quotes said by Ti Ming and Tem Po:
- “Sometimes the shortest distance between two points is the space between your ears”, Tem Po
- “Don’t hope for it, you must expect it”, Ti Ming
- “Sometimes what appears to be a small bird, in fact turns out to be a great eagle”, Tem Po
- “In order to hit the shot you desire, you first must see it in your mind”, Ti Ming
- “It’s your responsibility to focus only on the next shot. Nothing going on around you, or what happened in the past or what might happen in the future matters. The only shot that matters-the only thing that matters-is the next shot. Stay in the present…”, Ti Ming
Disclaimer: I received the book from the author in order to write this review. I did not receive any monetary payment for this review. There are affiliate links found in this post. Which means that if you were to click on the links and purchase, then and only then would I receive a small commission.