Is Pinterest’s Popularity Due to Science?

Those of you not on Pinterest may be asking, since there are so many other Social Networking and Bookmarking sites already, why should I join Pinterest?

I agree there are many sites out there. However, when you look at the Infographic below you may start to see why you should join! If you own a business it is even more important that you see the benefits of this relatively new and popular site.

Here is one of the reasons I feel Pinterest has become so popular. There are three types of Learning StylesVisual Learners, Auditory Learners and Kinesthetic Learners (big word for Tactile)!

Did you know that 65% of the population are Visual Learners?  Compared to 30% who are Auditory and only 5% are Kinesthetic Learners, according to Learning Styles Assessment-TRIO.  Does this have anything to do with its popularity? If so, did Pinterest take this into consideration when creating their site?

I would love to hear why you think Pinterest has become so popular so quickly!

Related articles

13 comments for “Is Pinterest’s Popularity Due to Science?

1. DGMommy Tamara
    March 15, 2012 at 3:31 PM

Thanks for this, Lisa. I haven't had any inclination to join Pinterest because I've been concerned about managing all of the various social networks. It's practically a full-time job to keep up with them! No wonder companies hire social media managers. That said, I believe your post has given me the push I need to sign up and broaden my reach!

March 15, 2012 at 4:13 PM

If you look at the post I wrote on Mompreneur Mogul under Related Articles above, you will see how I recommend using it for business purposes. I know there are so many sites out there, but the ones that are quickest and easiest to use are also the ones getting more members and traffic! Thanks for stopping in, see you on Pinterest!

3. Sarah
    March 15, 2012 at 4:55 PM

It's amazing how quickly it has taken off. It is one of my number 1 traffic bringing sites.

March 15, 2012 at 5:52 PM

I know Sarah, me too! You should write a post about it. I know you pin at certain times of the day which also helps. Thank you for stopping in!

5. Stacy Juba
    March 15, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Great post, Lisa! I just joined last weekend.

March 15, 2012 at 11:50 PM

I am glad you are there, going to make sure I am following you! Thanks for visiting!

7. Nina Munchen
    March 16, 2012 at 7:28 AM

Pinterest is a great way to socialized with everyone. :)
    I love Pinterest's unique interface. :)

pinterest is always a great help for marketing people
    and i think this will be a breakthrough method of promoting our product

you should try http://pinfaves.com/ too
    it’s a site where you can submit your favorite pins. and you can vote up the greatest pins or vote down the worst pins.

maybe if you try http://pinfaves.com/, you can do a review about it too

best regards, Nina

March 16, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Hi Nina! Thank you, I love the interface too! I will check out pinfaves! Thanks for stopping in!

9. Golf4Her
    March 16, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Great article. We use Pinterest to help female gofers explore all the great fashions out there and inspire their golf wardrobe. It's also a great way to test new products. http://Www.pinterest.com/Golf4Her.

March 16, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Will have to check it out! There are so many options when using Pinterest, it is quick, visually appealing and fun! Thank you for visiting!

11. Hannah
    March 18, 2012 at 7:39 PM

You certainly make a good case for pinterest. Wish I could figure out how to take advantage of it.
    Hannah P.S.
    Join the fun, submit a cute photo or funny photo to my website contest. Then encourage your friends to vote and watch the results to see how many viewers vote for your photo. NO entry fee. $2,000 of prizes annually. http://www.FunnyPhotosContest.com.

March 19, 2012 at 6:01 AM

Thank you Hannah for the link and for visiting! Will check it out.

13. More Than Mommies
    March 19, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Pinterest makes me feel productive, even when I'm not! It also makes me feel popular when people talk about my pins, repin my pins and comment on my pins! It really does stroke my ego!

I think it helps my short attention span, too . . . there is so much info that I'm NEVER bored! :)

Great post. Stopping by from Make My Morning (but I already follow you all over the place! hehehe)