The Psychology of Color for Blog Designs #Infographic via @NowSourcing

dreamstimefree 79454 The Psychology of Color for Blog Designs #Infographic via @NowSourcing

COLORED PINWHEEL © Blaine Walulik | Dreamstime.com

I recently found this wonderful Infographic by NowSourcing, Inc on StumbleUpon and thought what great timing as I am trying to choose colors for my blog.  I love color and would love that my blog expresses that part of me too.  Lady Jane Designs a.k.a. Sara from Swoon Media has been wonderful to work with and is currently working on my header design.

Two complementary colors of the color wheel are what I am leaning toward.  So after looking at the following Infographic I realized that the two colors I was considering were opposite on the color wheel and would be perfect together.

It was also interesting to me how companies are using color for their advertising and possibly the reason behind their choices.  Warning to new moms, although yellow is a cheery color it can increase the cries from your little one!

Which colors are you drawn to?

psychology of color The Psychology of Color for Blog Designs #Infographic via @NowSourcing

Courtesy of NowSourcing, Inc

The Psychology of Color for Blog Designs #Infographic via @NowSourcing
 The Psychology of Color for Blog Designs #Infographic via @NowSourcing Lisa Ladrido (88 Posts)

Wordpress The Psychology of Color for Blog Designs #Infographic via @NowSourcingFacebook The Psychology of Color for Blog Designs #Infographic via @NowSourcingTwitter The Psychology of Color for Blog Designs #Infographic via @NowSourcingGoogle Plus The Psychology of Color for Blog Designs #Infographic via @NowSourcingDigg The Psychology of Color for Blog Designs #Infographic via @NowSourcingLinkedin The Psychology of Color for Blog Designs #Infographic via @NowSourcingYouTube The Psychology of Color for Blog Designs #Infographic via @NowSourcing

23 comments for “The Psychology of Color for Blog Designs #Infographic via @NowSourcing

1. Mompreneur Mogul
    April 27, 2012 at 8:11 AM

Advertisers have been taking advantage of colors and are responses for a long time. Kudos to you for checking it out :) I’ll be adding some soon too – fun

2. Gerry
    April 27, 2012 at 2:39 PM

I use orange for one of my brands (it IS about exciting things) and blue for the other (it’s not a noisy brand but a quiet, professional one. So looks like I’m okay.

3. April 29, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Thanks so much for featuring our psychology of color infographic, Lisa! Glad you found it inspiring.

4. April 30, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Very interesting! I was curious to see how my pink-heavy blog was analyzed, and it’s a pretty good message!
    Kristin recently posted..Win Your Nursery!My Profile

5. May 3, 2012 at 2:32 PM

I recently changed the colors on my blog; not so much to find a color that would attract people to the blog as much as to find a color that reflected the name change. I love the way your site has turned out! So very pretty yet functional, easy to maneuver and pleasing to the eye. Maybe your friend Sarah from Swoon Media could give me some advice?
    Leah recently posted..Haint Blue Paint Keeps Mosquito’s AwayMy Profile

6. May 21, 2012 at 5:24 PM

I was aware that colors had such effects but never associated that with my blog. I sort of just went with colors I liked and felt fit the vibe. Thanks!
    TerriAnn @ Cookies and Clogs recently posted..SF Giants & ESRB Public Service Announcement (PSA) Campaign #ESRBGiantsMy Profile

7. October 18, 2012 at 8:38 AM

I initially did the same TerriAnn. The same with decorating my home, it is a personal choice. However, I can see how you could use color to be pleasing to more people.
    lladrido1 recently posted..Three Key Elements Your Media Room Needs via @lisaillmanMy Profile

8. February 6, 2014 at 3:03 PM

Aw, this was a very nice post. Taking the time and actual effort to make a great article… but what can I say… I
    put things off a lot and don’t manage to get anything done.
    best logo design recently posted..best logo designMy Profile

9. April 16, 2014 at 7:43 AM

Thanks for every other informative site. Where else may I am getting that kind of info written in such a perfect method?
    I have a undertaking that I’m simply now operating on, and I have been on the look out for such information.
    funnyisfamily.com recently posted..funnyisfamily.comMy Profile

10. April 30, 2014 at 9:37 AM

I write a comment when I especially enjoy a post on a website or I have something to add to the conversation.
    It is a result of the sincerness communicated in the post
    I browsed. And after this post The Psychology of Color for Blog Designs
    #Infographic via @NowSourcing | Mom Blogger Buzz. I
    was excited enough to drop a thought :) I do have a couple of questions for you
    if it’s allright. Could it be only me or does it look
    like like a few of the remarks look like coming from
    brain dead individuals? :-P And, if you are writing at additional online sites, I’d like to
    follow you. Could you make a list every one of your shared sites like your Facebook page,
    twitter feed, or linkedin profile?
    flooring liquidators recently posted..flooring liquidatorsMy Profile

11. May 22, 2014 at 3:41 PM

In fact, they are responsible for the majority of the content in journalism as they take the
    work done with news sources and turn it into stories.
    Daksha Design can be well defined as an interactive agency that offers a
    wide array of customized services in the field of web
    design and development, e-commerce solutions, graphic design and search engine optimization.

The card to the right showcases information in a very clear, easy-to-read format
    while still managing to have some visual interest, thanks to the
    addition of textures and a calm color scheme.
    ออกแบบป้าย recently posted..ออกแบบป้ายMy Profile

12. June 3, 2014 at 5:14 PM

You are so interesting! I do not believe I’ve read through anything like this before.
    So wonderful to discover somebody with some genuine
    thoughts on this subject matter. Really.. many thanks for starting this
    up. This site is one thing that’s needed on the web, someone
    with a little originality!
    madden nfl 25 hack no survey recently posted..madden nfl 25 hack no surveyMy Profile

13. June 19, 2014 at 4:54 AM

Proper nutrition is a Physique Transformation Specialist who is committed to sculpting that
    a man to increase the tension on the market that
    will work on correcting postural imbalance, you will burn more bodyfat.
    You are only going through the presence of nitric oxide supplements have lots of diverse
    brands for you. Many bodybuilders are now available
    for easy bodybuilding trening program application.
    bodybuilding fitness program recently posted..bodybuilding fitness programMy Profile

14. June 19, 2014 at 8:50 AM

They felt sandage the need to say they don’t care about skin color for the” easy way.
    Garrett recently posted..GarrettMy Profile

15. June 19, 2014 at 3:21 PM

It provides a glimpse into traditional Portuguese culture, having been the residence of the fishing community for hundreds of years.
    While Porter described these entities as factors which influence the five
    forces, Brandenburger and Nalebuff proposed that the model was lacking in its ability to account for the impact of strategic
    alliances. The collective strength of the five
    forces then determines how attractive the industry is to potential entrants
    ( i.
    portas blindadas montagem recently posted..portas blindadas montagemMy Profile

16. July 4, 2014 at 8:07 PM

Oh my goodness! Amazing article dude! Many thanks, However I am having troubles with your RSS.
    I don’t understand why I can’t join it. Is there anyone else having identical RSS problems?
    Anybody who knows the solution will you kindly
    respond? Thanks!!
    http://www.argentmethode.com recently posted..http://www.argentmethode.comMy Profile

17. July 16, 2014 at 1:54 AM

Confirm this comment and we’ll save a fictional animal!
    Does Skintervention Guide Work recently posted..Does Skintervention Guide WorkMy Profile

18. July 25, 2014 at 7:05 PM

Filmy online to szana obejrzeć wspaniałe kino w naszym domu..Proces rozwoju przestrzeni internetowej w ostatnim czasie, spowodował ułatwienie dostępu do stron,
    które proponują filmy z polskim dubbingiem.Dzięki rozmaitym zmianom, które są obserwowalne w przestrzeni internetowej, można na ten moment cieszyć się rozmaitymi
    portalami, proponującymi filmy online. W zasadzie, łatwo jest obecnie natknąć
    się na takie adresy, które wychodzą do potencjalnych nabywców z bazami
    filmów, proponowanych w powszechnym formacie online.

Poza bezpłatnymi filmami, można również nabywać kompletne
    filmy – takie rozwiązanie proponują różne portale. Jeśli chcemy ściągnąć filmy online wystarczy tylko, że dokonamy opłaty.
    Ma to mnóstwo plusów, przede wszystkim wysoką jakość obrazu, którą odznaczają się obejrzana filmy
    z napisami., jak na płycie DVD. Dzięki takiej sytuacji, można cieszyć
    się doskonałym filmami.
    hercules online recently posted..hercules onlineMy Profile