Did You Know You May Be Obese?[Infographic]

Nutritious Apple With Health Facts by Stuart Miles Did You Know You May Be Obese?[Infographic]

As an RN I was disturbed to see so many disabilities caused by obesity. Many are unable to maintain employment because of the co-morbidities associated with it. These eventually increase health care costs, extended stays in the hospital and risk of mortality.

You are welcome to view the BMC Public Health Study which included the following 20 co-morbidities:

“Twenty co-morbidities were initially included in this analysis: cancer (kidney, colorectal, prostate, ovarian, uterine/endometrial, esophageal, pancreatic, and post-menopausal breast), type II diabetes, cardiovascular disease risk (hypertension, coronary artery disease, congestive heart failure, pulmonary embolism, stroke, dislipidaemia), gallbladder disease, chronic back pain, osteoarthritis, asthma, and sleep apnea.”

The following Infographic offers some additional information about Obesity and Childhood Obesity.

the new american tradition obesity 503e68b2a0f71 w587 Did You Know You May Be Obese?[Infographic]

When I was initially diagnosed with Dysautonomia, I gained significant amount of weight. I checked my Body Fat Index and BMI and was alarmed to see that I was considered obese. I needed to find something fast before my weight gain had caused additional issues. Although I can’t exercise I did find something that worked.

I was able to lose 20 pounds in 6 weeks and reduced by body fat from 35% to 25%. I was happy with the results. Those of you who have Dysautonomia know that you can pass out after meals due to postprandial hypotension. I realized that this happened more frequently after eating a meal with carbohydrates. When I started using my dietary product I no longer had this symptom.

If you would like more information you can visit us on Facebook or on our Website.

Image Credit: “Nutritious Apple With Health Facts” by Stuart Miles

Please Read My Disclosure Policy about the products I am using.

Related articles

Did You Know You May Be Obese?[Infographic]
 Did You Know You May Be Obese?[Infographic] Lisa Ladrido (45 Posts)

Lisa is an R.N. Mom Blogger and the author of Mom Blogger Buzz. She writes about Social Media, Personal Development, Blogging Tips, Travel, Family, Health and is currently writing her first book. She and her husband live in the Seattle area. They have 5 sons, 4 grandchildren and 5 furry four legged children!

Wordpress Did You Know You May Be Obese?[Infographic]Facebook Did You Know You May Be Obese?[Infographic]Twitter Did You Know You May Be Obese?[Infographic]Google Plus Did You Know You May Be Obese?[Infographic]Digg Did You Know You May Be Obese?[Infographic]Linkedin Did You Know You May Be Obese?[Infographic]YouTube Did You Know You May Be Obese?[Infographic]Pinterest Did You Know You May Be Obese?[Infographic]

16 comments for “Did You Know You May Be Obese?[Infographic]

1. Kimberly, The Fur Mom
    October 2, 2012 at 4:03 PM

We were just talking about this today; there is so much misinformation and contradictory information that I’m not surprised that so many people are so confused about healthy and weight loss.

• October 15, 2012 at 8:32 AM

There are so many diets and programs out there. We just have to find one that works for us.

2. Gerry
    October 3, 2012 at 9:01 AM

I ‘m also considered obese. What really scares me is what the tables say that I should weigh to be “normal” …I’d look like I was starving! Luckily, I live in a “skinny” state so perhaps seeing slimmer folks more often will inspire me!

• October 15, 2012 at 8:31 AM

Yeah my normal would make me look sick too. I would love to be slightly above normal!

3. gina valley
    October 4, 2012 at 4:34 AM

I struggle with getting and staying fit everyday. Thank you for the great info, Lisa!

• October 15, 2012 at 8:30 AM

Thank you Gina! Me too, thankfully I found something that works for me. That is the secret, not everything works for everyone.

4. April
    October 9, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Love this graphic! It’s hard to discuss these issues, especially about children. I feel bad for the children these days. Did you hear about the allegation that Michelle Obama is starving the kids because they can have unlimited fruits and vegetables, but limited other calories (http://chandlerswatch.com/?p=5448)? It’s sad that this is even an issue. I am of the very unpopular opinion that allowing your child be obese is abuse. They aren’t making their own decisions, and as with any addiction, leads to long term problems.

Thanks for sharing. Stopping in from Oh My Heartsie’s Totally Tuesday Blog Hop!

April @ 100lbcountdown

• October 15, 2012 at 8:34 AM

I hadn’t heard that allegation April. I too feel that it is abuse if you allow your child to become obese. However, sometimes it is a generational problem. Thank you for visiting April!

5. September 13, 2013 at 10:55 PM

I always spent my half an hour to read this weblog’s articles all the time along with a mug of coffee.
    fat loss recently posted..fat lossMy Profile

6. February 23, 2014 at 2:24 AM

Hi, I do believe this is an excellent site.
    I stumbledupon it ;) I’m going to revisit once again since i have bookmarked it.
    Money and freedom is the greatest way to change,
    may you be rich and continue to help other people.
    Latashia recently posted..LatashiaMy Profile

7. February 27, 2014 at 10:17 PM

Hey this is kind of of off topic but I was wanting to know if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML.
    I’m starting a blog soon but have no coding expertise so I wanted to get advice from someone with experience.
    Any help would be enormously appreciated!
    luxury cushions recently posted..luxury cushionsMy Profile

8. March 11, 2014 at 2:48 PM

Hello there! I could have sworn I’ve visited your blog before but after browsing
    through many of the posts I realized it’s new to
    me. Nonetheless, I’m certainly delighted I discovered it and I’ll be book-marking it and
    checking back often!
    calling internationally recently posted..calling internationallyMy Profile

9. March 13, 2014 at 5:29 AM

Outstanding post however , I was wondering if you could write a litte more on this subject?

I’d be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit further.
    Cheers!
    business cash advance recently posted..business cash advanceMy Profile

10. April 21, 2014 at 3:35 AM

Interesting blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it
    from somewhere? A theme like yours with a few
    simple tweeks would really make my blog stand out. Please let me know where you
    got your theme. Cheers
    telecharger snapchat recently posted..telecharger snapchatMy Profile

11. April 21, 2014 at 3:50 AM

If some one wants to be updated with newest technologies
    therefore he must be visit this web page and be up to date every day.
    telecharger-subway-surfers.blogspot.com recently posted..telecharger-subway-surfers.blogspot.comMy Profile

12. April 22, 2014 at 10:19 AM

In fact no matter if someone doesn’t know after that
    its up to other people that they will help, so here
    it happens.
    watch the other woman recently posted..watch the other womanMy Profile