Go To Your Happy Place Using the @Happier #App

Mom Blogger Buzz dot com

Shae from My Zebra Soup recently invited me to use this nifty app called Happier. I am so glad I decided to take a look.

According to a Harvard study, Social Networks and Happiness by Nicholas Christakis and James Fowler, happiness is contagious! They found that, “Happiness is a fundamental object of human existence. If someone smiles at you, it is instinctive to smile back. If your partner or roommate is depressed, it is common for you to become depressed.”

Did you know that happier people are 50% less likely to have a heart attack or a stroke? You can read more in this article, “Positive Feelings May Help Protect Cardiovascular Health.”

Let’s face it we all have negative things that happen to us, but we also have a great many positive experiences that occur during any day. Despite some health issues I am trying to focus daily on the positive things and I do feel an internal shift when I practice that. It does take practice and the decision to make that choice is only yours.

Watch what young Mia had to say about finding Happiness!

As I started to read the messages on the feed on the Happier application I could feel a sense of peace come over me. Just posting positive things on my profile and reading what made other people happy during their day was indeed contagious.

Here is an example from my feed. You can select the smiley face, Me Too! and/or Comment on the entry that makes you happier!

Mom Blogger Buzz dot comAs you Discover, Share Happy (Your Happy Moments) and connect with friends you will also start to receive these fun Celebrations that will make you smile!

Mom Blogger Buzz dot com

Mom Blogger Buzz dot com

If you would like to join the free Happier Community just download the App for the Android or iPhone in the app stores!

Mom Blogger Buzz dot com

Are you using this app already? Share with us what you have liked about it, has it made you Happier?!

52 comments for “Go To Your Happy Place Using the @Happier #App

1. January 8, 2014 at 9:13 AM

I love this and it makes a lot of sense to me. No stress and being happy is healthier in general I think :)

2. January 8, 2014 at 9:31 AM

This looks like a cool app. I’ll have to download this now to check it out!
    Aisha Kristine Chong recently posted..My Persun Mall Wish List!My Profile

3. January 8, 2014 at 9:59 AM

What a fun app! Who couldn’t use a little more happy in their lives. I love the concept of sharing with others what makes you happy. All to often people want to share the negative. I like that this focuses on the positive!
    Theresa recently posted..Wordless Wednesday~ Brrrr!My Profile

4. January 8, 2014 at 10:11 AM

I’m glad you found a sense of peace doing this, it sounds great.

5. January 8, 2014 at 12:17 PM

Lisa, thanks so much for sharing this :)
    You Rock!!!
    Shae recently posted..iMedicalApps | The leading Physician review of medical & healthcare appsMy Profile

6. m
    January 8, 2014 at 12:51 PM

What a wonderful reminder to take some time to find joy in the smaller moments in life. I love anything that reminds me to be happy!
    m recently posted..Valentine’s Day Craft for Kids: Sweet & Simple Love BugMy Profile

7. January 8, 2014 at 12:57 PM

Awww, your running mate looks really sweet! Reminds me of the dog who pulled the bike of his boss every day here in the neighborhood during summer time.
    Chubskulit Rose recently posted..Monopoly #Happy New Year!My Profile

8. Ave
    January 8, 2014 at 2:02 PM

I had no idea this kind of app existed. Looks like something I could use! It’s great that you can share your happy moments with friends.
    Ave recently posted..4 Tips for Moving AbroadMy Profile

9. January 8, 2014 at 2:26 PM

What isn’t there an app for? Looks really intriguing

10. January 8, 2014 at 3:30 PM

I’m checking the app while I write this, lol. I really love the idea and the little girl in the video is just so cute. Thank you for sharing this great app with us!
    Joanna Sormunen recently posted..Wednesday factsMy Profile

January 8, 2014 at 3:46 PM

This looks like a cute app! Seeing other people be happy always makes me feel a little better.
    Pam recently posted..Five Things To Consider When Choosing a Shelter PetMy Profile

12. January 8, 2014 at 5:23 PM

What a positive thing! I love this and def have to check it out. I am all about bringing a little cheer :)
    Kimber recently posted..DIY Etched Wine GlassesMy Profile

13. January 8, 2014 at 5:53 PM

I want to check this out. One of our family goals was to try to share more positive parts of our days to see if it will eventually change our outlook on things.
    Jennifer Williams recently posted..A Day at Lewis ParkMy Profile

14. January 8, 2014 at 6:07 PM

What a sweet sounding app – I can totally understand that happier people are healthier :) x
    Sarah Bailey recently posted..CB12 Mild Mint Mouthwash: ReviewMy Profile

15. January 8, 2014 at 7:34 PM

What a great app! I am a pretty happy person, but there are times when I need a little boost.
    Cynthia L recently posted..Frugal Breakfast – Fajita Steak Burrito with Feeding BigMy Profile

16. January 8, 2014 at 8:33 PM

I think this looks like a nice way to try and be positive in your day.

17. January 9, 2014 at 2:11 AM

What a lovely app and i too belive that if you are happy you are more likely to be healthy,stress causes alot of health related problems.
    kay adeola recently posted..Woolly & Tig App for Apple Devices ReviewMy Profile

18. January 9, 2014 at 3:59 AM

being happy is much bettr for you health wise so this is really good
    becca recently posted..MIRA Glass Digital Kitchen Scale #ReviewMy Profile

19. January 9, 2014 at 4:39 AM

What a neat app! The points you made about happiness and health are so true! The happier you are, the more you laugh and generally enjoy life – the better overall mental, emotional and physical health you, typically, have.
    Michelle G. recently posted..Creating Gratitude: Shaping Your PerspectiveMy Profile

20. January 9, 2014 at 6:05 AM

I had no idea there was an app out there to help one be happy… but I shouldn’t be surprised. I like what they are trying to do. Maybe they are making the world a better place with one happy person at a time.

21. January 9, 2014 at 1:30 PM

This is such a sweet concept. Sometimes, when bad things are happening, it’s nice to have a happy place to retreat to.
    Tough Cookie Mommy recently posted..Connect With Your Favorite Novela Characters Anytime! #MyNovela @Univision #Giveaway #AdMy Profile

22. January 9, 2014 at 2:12 PM

With the world it is today, a little happiness can go a looooong way. It’s awesome that someone made an app like this. It could share a lot of smiles!
    Le-an Lacaba recently posted..Roller coasterMy Profile

23. Cherry
    January 15, 2014 at 8:59 PM

Happier is indeed my new, favorite app! It’s so exciting to open up Happier in the morning to find tons of notifications and it really does put me in a good, positive, and inspirational mood just by sharing and reading 100% positive posts. :) post an accomplishment you’ve made and you get smiles from your friends, “way to go!” comments, cute emoticons…it makes you feel like you have an entire community cheering you on, no matter how big or small your accomplishment may be. Such a nice change from other social sites full of drama and negativity. So glad I checked it out, because I really do feel as if it’s helping me to find some happiness, even in the darkest, saddest times and helping me appreciate the little things I may take for granted.

24. Shawn
    April 15, 2014 at 10:30 AM

Great app!

There is another app called My Happy Place that is worth checking out also!

25. a
    July 5, 2014 at 8:58 AM

Hello, I enjoy reading all of your post. I like to write
    a little comment to support you.
    a recently posted..aMy Profile

26. August 11, 2014 at 2:38 AM

I see you share interesting content here, you can earn some
    extra cash, your website has big potential, for the monetizing method, just type in google
    – K2 advices how to monetize a website
    Brandie recently posted..BrandieMy Profile

27. ask
    May 24, 2015 at 3:02 AM

Unquestionably believe that that you stated. Your favourite reason seemed to be at the web
    the simplest thing to take into account of. I say to you, I certainly get annoyed while people think about issues that they
    just don’t realize about. You controlled to hit the nail upon the top and
    outlined out the entire thing with no need side-effects , folks could take
    a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thank you
    ask recently posted..askMy Profile