Finding Gratitude With #The100DayProject

Property of Lisa Ladrido

Property of Lisa Ladrido

Recently a member from the Cyber Dust App community blasted about the #The100DayProject on Instagram. You can read more about it here. So I checked it out and decided to start documenting #100DaysOfGratitude.

I chose Gratitude because I know that even when we are going through difficult and frustrating times in life there is always something to be grateful for. I much rather focus on those things than the frustrations or disappointments.

There have been days that I have had a hard time finding something to be grateful for. I admit it, as I write this we are only on day 16 of the project! I am not able to get out much so many of my posts on Instagram are from my home or are of some great memories I have had.

I don’t want to forget those wonderful days. The picture used for this post for instance is a trip my husband and I made to Madeira Beach, Florida. We had a wonderful trip and that morning was our last one. We woke up early before the sun was even up, made some coffee and took it down to the beach. We carried a bag with some of our left over bread and crackers for the birds.

We first sat and watched as the sun came up behind us while sipping our coffee. I can still feel the warmth of the water as the waves hit our feet. Walking is an issue now for me, so we took it really slow. I had a moment of sadness as we used to power walk on our previous trips. However, I shook all those thoughts away and noticed some dolphins swimming by the shore. They were so beautiful.

The seagulls were starting to appear along with all the other feathered friends that day. So we started to give them some bread. Of course more and more joined in on the fun!

I wanted to take a picture of them, so my husband was throwing the bread in the air as I caught this photo with my phone. I was so grateful that I, with my husband’s help now have a beautiful memory of that day caught in a photograph.

I wrote this quote a few years ago and I will continue to focus on that for the rest of my life;

“Gratitude is the best gift we can receive in life. It is only then that we recognize the blessings that surround us!”

I am grateful for that day, for my wonderful husband, family, friends and all the times we have to look forward to.

What are you grateful for? If you are also participating in #The100DayProject find me on Instagram: Lisa Ladrido and say hello!

37 comments for “Finding Gratitude With #The100DayProject

1. April 21, 2015 at 12:41 PM

I am grateful that my adult daughter actually listened to us growing up. She doesn’t always ‘act’ as we’d like but she does come back and recognize what she did wrong and she learns from it.. If that makes sense.

April 21, 2015 at 12:43 PM

I love the idea of the 100 Days Project. That sounds like a wonderful day to be grateful for.

3. April 21, 2015 at 12:46 PM

Lisa, great post. A day does not go by that I don’t have gratitude for something. Thankful every day and always finding the positive in it {even if things seem dark}. A grateful heart is key to living life happy. :)
    Lynda@fitnessmomwinecountry recently posted..Breathing While I Run … Mouth or NoseMy Profile

4. April 21, 2015 at 1:17 PM

This is an awesome initiative! Who doesn’t need more gratitude?

5. April 21, 2015 at 1:25 PM

What a great project. Sometimes we are so caught up in the negetive, great time to reflect.

6. April 21, 2015 at 1:41 PM

I have to agree with you. There is nothing more uplifting that gratitude Thanks for the post!
    coolchillmom recently posted..Celebrate Heritage with Bilingual Fashion Dolls Vi and VaMy Profile

7. April 21, 2015 at 2:03 PM

I’m definitely grateful for the place that I live. I’m grateful for my awesome friends and family too. This is a really cool initiative!
    Liz Mays recently posted..Bloodline Netflix – A Can’t Miss Psychological Thriller #StreamTeamMy Profile

8. April 21, 2015 at 3:31 PM

This sounds like a really great project! I’m grateful for so many things, most of all right now happiness.

9. April 21, 2015 at 3:34 PM

I love the whole idea of this project. I am a big believer in showing gratitude, and will have to look into this.
    Lois Alter Mark recently posted..my #thatsabuick moments at the final fourMy Profile

10. April 21, 2015 at 4:52 PM

What a cool post. Gratitude is important. We often don’t show it enough.
    Lesley recently posted..Day 42 Mynt Core 8-Week ChallengeMy Profile

• April 22, 2015 at 7:01 PM

Yes, Lesley! Thank you so much!

11. Catherine S
    April 21, 2015 at 7:48 PM

What a wonderful project. I am grateful for my family, friends and my great job.

• April 22, 2015 at 6:56 PM

Those are great things to be grateful for Catherine! Thank you!

12. April 21, 2015 at 7:57 PM

I am grateful for my son’s health, and my husband’s and my health. Many don’t realize how they take their health for granted as they get older.
    toughcookiemommy recently posted..Regain Your Freedom And Get Your Life Back! #Underwareness @Depend #AdMy Profile

• April 22, 2015 at 6:54 PM

I am so happy your son and husband are healthy Maria. Yes, we do take it for granted sometimes! Thanks for sharing.

13. April 21, 2015 at 9:41 PM

I’m grateful for a loving husband & supportive work place. Can’t beat that :)
    Annie M recently posted..Happy First Birthday Libby!My Profile

• April 22, 2015 at 6:53 PM

Thank you Annie, no you can’t beat that!

14. Rosey
    April 22, 2015 at 3:12 AM

I’m grateful for so many things. Most especially I’m grateful for the amazing children I have in my life.

• April 22, 2015 at 6:52 PM

Awe, Rosey! I bet you are, I am too! Thanks for sharing that!

15. April 22, 2015 at 4:02 AM

I’ve always try to cultivate a grateful heart and attitude. Better for you!

• April 22, 2015 at 6:51 PM

Yes, Maureen! It is healthier to focus on the positive!

16. April 22, 2015 at 11:06 AM

I love the idea behind this challenge. I love challenges like this inspiring and helpful
    Ourfamilyworld recently posted..Comment on Rock Your Child’s Extracurriculars with these NO BAKE Peanut Butter Snack Bites with Dates & Pistachios by HilLeshaMy Profile

• April 22, 2015 at 6:51 PM

I just happened to see it on Instagram, so decided I would participate! Thank you!

17. Ann Bacciaglia
    April 22, 2015 at 1:17 PM

This is an amazing project. I will have to see if my Daughter would like to do this with me.

• April 22, 2015 at 6:50 PM

It is making me focus on the good around me Ann! Thanks for visiting!

18. April 22, 2015 at 6:50 PM

This is a wonderful idea. I love memes that focus on the positive.
    Heather D. (@GirlGoneMom) recently posted..Burlap Seashell WreathMy Profile

19. April 22, 2015 at 7:09 PM

I did not see the 100dayproject on CD, but that doesn’t really mean much. :) I am very thankful about where I am and what I’m doing. Gratitude is an important trait to have.
    April G recently posted..Celebrate this Mother’s Day with @Theralight #giveaway #giftcardMy Profile

20. April 22, 2015 at 8:02 PM

What a beautifully written blog post. I can practically feel the warmth of the sun and the most from the ocean air as I read this. I am thankful for my family, my friends and for getting to do what I love every day.
    Fariha recently posted..What it’s like to experience a drug overdose when you have kids #GettheMostOutofLifeMy Profile

21. Ronni
    April 23, 2015 at 4:24 AM

I love this! stopping to remember what’s important and having a positive theme is such a nice change to see online!

22. April 24, 2015 at 8:33 PM

Images like this always make me feel so at peace! I agree … there is always something to find that you can be thankful for. Some days are harder than others, but if we think or look hard enough, we can find something!
    Anne | HealthySouthernMama.com recently posted..How to Get a Free Massage (Really!)My Profile

• May 6, 2015 at 5:43 AM

Yes, we all have those day Anne. It seems that when we focus on the good that happens it overshadows the few negative things that happen. Thank you for visiting!

23. May 5, 2015 at 4:02 AM

I love that project! I think I might do it too!!
    Marina @ Parental Journey recently posted..Awesome Star Wars Decor For Your ApartmentMy Profile

• May 6, 2015 at 5:42 AM

It is helping me be accountable and grateful all at the same time Marina! Thank you!