Happy Birthday America: The Star Spangled Banner by @MadisonRising

Happy 4th of July.Mom Blogger Buzz dot com

Photo by E. Nelson/ Property of Mom Blogger Buzz

[This post contains affiliate links. I, Lisa Ladrido am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. All opinions are always my own.]

In a few days there will be back yard barbecues, family picnics, parades and a lot of fireworks celebrating the 4th of July, Independence Day. As a child I loved going with my family to watch the fireworks. We lived in upstate New York at the time and my earliest memory was around five years old. My mom would prepare a lot of snacks and we would go to our local park and play, returning to our picnic blanket just in time for the fireworks display.

On a side note, my birthday was supposed to be on July 4th, but the doctor apparently wanted the day off, so July 2nd it is! Did you know that the actual vote by Congress for Independence happened on July 2, 1776? “John Adams believed that July 2nd was the correct date on which to celebrate the birth of American independence, and would reportedly turn down invitations to appear at July 4th events in protest. Adams and Thomas Jefferson both died on July 4, 1826–the 50th anniversary of the adoption of the Declaration of Independence.” History.com

The Star Spangled Banner written by Frances Scott Key didn’t officially become our National Anthem until 1931. I love this version of The Star Spangled Banner by Madison Rising. I hope you enjoy it! Happy 4th of July!

Listen & watch here:

Their Store

Twitter

Facebook

YouTube

If you like their version of the song you can get it on Amazon or iTunes:

The picture above is of my two sweet grandchildren! We were just with them last week and wish we could be there this weekend. What are your plans for the 4th of July? Are there any traditions that your family does to celebrate Independence Day? Please share in the comments below. Have a safe and Happy 4th!

photo by:

30 comments for “Happy Birthday America: The Star Spangled Banner by @MadisonRising

1. Robin Rue (@massholemommy)
    July 2, 2015 at 11:05 AM

I have a July birthday, too – the 9th. I am very patriotic, so I LOVE celebrating the 4th!

2. July 2, 2015 at 11:40 AM

I bet you are all so busy preparing for the weekend barbecue. Happy 4th of July!
    Dogvills recently posted..How to Handle Dog Fights & Smooth Things Over When It EndsMy Profile

3. July 2, 2015 at 11:46 AM

We are in Canada so we don’t celebrate the fourth. But I love hearing a lot of peoples plans and ideas. I love when people care so much to celebrate their Country!

July 2, 2015 at 1:32 PM

Happy Birthday! We plan on having dinner with our extended family on the 4th.
    Pam recently posted..Southern Style Barbeque Pork Cuban Sandwich RecipeMy Profile

5. July 2, 2015 at 2:03 PM

I had no idea that July 2nd was such a significant date! I’m definitely planning on spending the day outside!
    Liz Mays recently posted..Sweet Chili Ranch Potato Salad with KaleMy Profile

6. July 2, 2015 at 3:32 PM

The 4th is so much fun. I love celebrating with family and friends.
    Amber NElson recently posted..How To Mentally Prepare For Family PhotosMy Profile

7. Rosey
    July 3, 2015 at 3:58 AM

I love learning new things. Happy 4th of July to you! We’ll be spending ours with friends and family, hopefully outside!!

8. July 3, 2015 at 4:04 AM

I am very patriotic. I fly my flag everyday; have since 9/11.
    Maureen@ADebtFreeStressFreeLife recently posted..9 Clever Food Hacks That Can Save You MoneyMy Profile

9. July 3, 2015 at 10:53 AM

These are some very interesting facts about Independence Day. I’m really excited about celebrating over the weekend with my loved ones.
    Toughcookiemommy recently posted..Honor Your Family’s Journey To America On July Fourth! #ThisIsWholesome @HoneyMaidSnacks #PaidMy Profile

10. July 3, 2015 at 1:10 PM

That’s some great historical information. I was not aware that Congress considered July 2nd as our Independence Day initially. That’s good to know.

11. July 3, 2015 at 3:25 PM

I think I knew those facts about July 2nd but have forgotten. I’ll have to remember them now since it’s great “did you know?” conversation. We’ll just be hanging out by the pool this 4th.

12. Ann Bacciaglia
    July 3, 2015 at 4:44 PM

My niece was born on the fourth of July. We always have a big party every year.

13. July 3, 2015 at 4:45 PM

We love to celebrate the fourth of July. It is always a great day filled with friends, family and good food.
    Paula Schuck recently posted..Watch for my Fiesta Summer Entertaining Pinterest TakeoverMy Profile

14. July 4, 2015 at 10:18 AM

Nice layout to your blog. I really enjoyed reading your post. Frighen doctors inducing before a holiday weekend! ;-)
    Heather at WELLFITandFED recently posted..What Are The Crazy Things Bloggers Do When Trapped In A Denver Hotel – And A GAIAM Product GiveawayMy Profile

15. July 6, 2015 at 10:10 AM

This is way cool! I’m totally into history and I will definitely be checking this out!!
    Midatlantic Foodie recently posted..MAF-Style Strawberry Cream Pie & New FriendsMy Profile