|FreeDigitalPhotos Australian Sunset by Mapichai|
Most of us have heard of a Blog Hop or adding a Linky to our Blogs to create a Blog Hop. A special thank you goes out to the original creator of the Blog Hops, Mr. Brent Riggs for creating this wonderful tool!
The other day I was reading his MckLinky Blog and one of his users created a Facebook Linky Hop! What a brilliant idea. Blog Hops are all over the place but I hadn’t seen a Facebook Hop.
Jodi Friedman has a Photography Challenge and is using the Linky Tool on her Facebook Page. If you are a Photographer there is still time to link up, through 3/1/2012!
So I decided that I wanted to have a Facebook Fan Page “Like” Hop. Just like our blog hopping but now using the URL to our Facebook Fan Pages instead.
If you have a Fan Page, you are welcome to link up from here too!
My light bulb moment or as Oprah has coined it, “Aha! Moment”, was when I soon figured out that the only way to add this code to my page was using an HTML application. DUH!
- Go to Facebook and type html in the search field. I chose the first one because it is so simple to use, but that decision is up to you.
- Create an account with Linky Tools if you don’t already have one.
- Complete all the steps that Mr. Brent has set up for you.
- Type in your Facebook Fan Page URL not your blog’s!
- Copy the code like the one below
- Return to your Facebook Fan Page where your new HTML Application is located and click on the drop down, as shown below.
- Paste your Linky Tool code in the space provided. You are able to customize your message with photos too, using HTML. Then select Update.
- Click on Manage Permissions
- Then find the Default Landing Tab:
- Find your Hop Application, mine was called Welcome!
- Then Save Changes!
I do recommend that you have more than one Admin connected to your Fan Page. If you see on the picture above, click on Manage Admins and add your trusted Admin Buddy! It is just a safeguard in case Facebook gets cranky with all of your new found activity a.k.a Fans!
Okay, now you are done! Have fun Hopping, I mean Liking!